I collaborate with health experts to write bestselling consumer health and self-improvement books that educate, engage, motivate, and inspire readers.
My book collaboration services include:
- Brainstorming potential topics
- Helping authors build and extend their platforms
- Organizing and packaging ideas
- Creating outlines
- Identifying target audiences
- Writing and editing proposals
- Interacting with agents, editors, and publishers
- Conducting background research and literature searches
- Interviewing patients/clients
- Editing manuscripts
- Fact-checking and proofreading
- Writing sparkling content that engages and educates readers
- Supporting promotion, marketing, and publicity plans
I work closely with experts (or not so closely, if that’s what they prefer) to ensure that their unique voice, authority, and message shine through on every page.
I help experts create winning proposals. A well-crafted book proposal grabs the attention of agents and editors. It tells them why your book idea is fabulous, why you are the best person to write it, how you will use your unique platform to market it successfully, and why readers will love it and buy it.
As an experienced collaborator, I know how to make the process of creating a book simple and enjoyable. Working with me allows experts to author a book without having to take an unacceptable amount of time away from clinical practice, platform-building, client meetings, or research responsibilities.
Once the book is written, I can provide valuable advice on identifying and building a platform to market the book, interacting with the media, and getting the book the attention it deserves before and after publication.
For more information on creating a book proposal, book collaboration, or ghostwriting, visit my ghostwriting page.
Some of my books include:
The Doctor’s Diet: Dr. Travis Stork’s STAT Program to Help You Lose Weight and Restore Your Health (Bird Street Books, 2014)
By Travis Stork, M.D., co-host of the Emmy Award-winning TV talk show THE DOCTORS.
With Siobhan Dolan, M.D., medical advisor to the March of Dimes, the country’s number one most trusted source on pregnancy health. Dr. Dolan, an OB/GYN and medical geneticist, is an associate professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women’s Health at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and an attending physician in the Division of Reproductive genetics at Montefiore Medical Center. READ AN EXCERPT
THE OMNI DIET The Revolutionary 70% Plant + 30% Protein Program to Lose Weight, Reverse Disease, Fight Inflammation, and Change Your Life Forever (St. Martin’s, 2013)
Balance Your Life, Balance the Scale (HarperOne, 2012)
With Jennifer Tuma-Young, brand ambassador at Curves, the largest fitness franchise in the world. Curves has more than 4 million members and 10,000 workout centers in 85 countries. READ AN EXCERPT
With Laura Riley, M.D., OB/GYN, medical director of labor and delivery at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, and Stacey Nelson, R.D., senior clinical nutritionist at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. READ AN EXCERPT
I have also contributed sections to many other books, including:
- Disease Free: Proven Ways to Prevent More Than 90 Common Health Conditions, Both Major and Minor (Reader’s Digest Books)
- Better Homes & Gardens New Diabetic Cookbook (Meredith Publishing)
- 1,001 Amazing Home Remedies and Cures (Publications International Ltd.)
- Miscarriage: Why it Happens and How Best to Reduce Your Risk, A Doctor’s Guide to the Facts by Henry Lerner, M.D., FACOG (Perseus Books)
- Better Homes & Gardens Easy Everyday Low-Carb Cookbook (Meredith Publishing)
- Better Homes & Gardens Simple Everyday Diabetic Meals (Meredith Publishing)
- P.S. What I Didn’t Say: Unsent Letters to Our Female Friends (Seal)